When your parents stop worrying about your safety and you start worrying about theirs.
When you’re a child, eating at McDonalds feels like a win. When you’re an adult, eating at McDonalds feels like a failure.
When you fall asleep on the couch and then wake up on the couch.
“The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult; the day he forgives himself, he becomes wise.” – Alden Nowlan
This sums up everything.
You wish you were a kid.
Erika Walther Quirk
When you know in your heart that no one is coming to rescue you or save the day. Success or failure, it’s all up to you.
Manish Singh Rathaur
When you start asking for aisle seats instead of window seats at flight check-ins.
- The first time you use the phrase, “When I was your age …”
- The first time you hear a grunt as you sit down or stand up — and you realize it’s you.
- The first time you realize going grocery shopping on Friday or Saturday night is more enjoyable than hitting the bars. (For one thing, there are no lines!)
- The first time you look at a college girl or guy and instead of lusting after her/him, you think, “Wow, she/he’s just a baby!”
- The first time the thought of having a child makes you think, “Yeah, I think I’ve picked up some stuff worth passing on to a kid …”
When you realise you’ve still got heaps to learn.
Most 17 year olds know *everything *
Most 87 year olds think they still have a lot to learn…
When you enjoy a salad.
When you have no more “new folders” to hide.
Manas J Saloi
- You feel ashamed asking money from your parents.
- You give up your comic books for software documentations.
- You know there wont be someone to show you the way anymore, you have to own up to your mistakes and sort out shit yourself.
- Teasing your friends in the name of girls is not fun anymore.
- You begin to think if you could have more fun in childhood, put up more effort in school i.e you begin whether the actions of your past will have implications on your future and you spend a lot of time in fond nostalgia.
- You have to polish your own shoes, wash your own underwear. Your mom wont do it anymore. - You start keeping check on the money you spend.
- Your friends start to appear more important to you than your family.
Few things off the top of my mind.
When the famous actors/actresses/singers/celebrities are younger than you.
Jack Lion Heart
You realize everything your mom ever said is true.
Carmen T. Santiago
Instead of relying on others, others can rely on you.
When learning becomes a choice.
when you need reasons to smile !!!!!!!!!!
Lisa L. Watts
When there’s no one else to take the garbage out.
When you look in the mirror and see your dad looking back at you!