Some dark lessons from the area of love:
1. The person who cares less has the most power in a relationship.
2. No one will ever be able to make you feel loved unless you love yourself.
3. You can’t change others.
4. No matter how hot you find someone, you’ll get used to their appearance faster than you like.
5. The cute little quirks of today can be the soul-crushing flaws of tomorrow.
6. We will all eventually become old and unattractive in the eyes of society.
7. Often, the less you care about a particular woman, the easier it is to end up with her.
8. Both sexes are easy to manipulate with the same principles that marketers use to sell us crap – scarcity, commitment, reciprocity, authority, social proof, and liking.
9. Men will never know how it feels to be a woman and vice versa.
10. You can love your partner till death and still want to sleep with others.
No matter how dark some lessons are, it’s still worth it.
1. You can’t always get what (who) you want.
2. Love, dating, and relationship can’t be “figured out” logically. They require empathy, vulnerability, and honesty.
3. Emotions change all the time. It’s possible to think you love someone with all your heart, but then one day you sober up and find out you truly don’t.
4. When in love, everyone becomes an idiot.
5. “Show me a beautiful woman, and I’ll show you a man who’s tired of sleeping with her.”
6. The higher you set the expectations from the beginning, the harder it will be to maintain the relationship. E.g., Send your girlfriend flowers every day and it will be cute for the first three days, cheesy after that, then awkward, and finally unbearable.
7. The opposite of well is well-meaning.
1. 544 friends in my facebook list,3 among them called me up when i was depressed,alone and clueless about my future.
Lesson-Life is not about facebook likes,anymore.
2. When i was failing in life,it was my mother who waved her hand through my hair,and assured that every thing will be okay soon.
Lesson-No one cares about you during your failure except your family members.
3. *After my first breakthrough*,Calls and messages from relatives,friends and strangers, stating how much they loved this news.
Lesson-Success is the best revenge. No one gives a shit when you’re nothing.
4. Was suffering from serious typhoid.
Lesson-Health is wealth,no matter how much you earn or how much you are focused towards your career,never ever ignore your health.
5. Saw a girl requesting her poor parents to buy her a book while they couldn’t explain her why they can’t do it.Same day,saw some guys enjoying their puffs while they were gladdened about how they bunked their school classes.
Lesson-Money and education matters in life.
6. One of my friend is working as a freelance photographer,he earns decent money that makes him happy on the other hand one of my friend is working in a top mnc having a salary in seven figures yet he always cries about how pathetic his life is.Moreover the society considers the latter one as a good example and the former one as a bad example to follow.
Lesson – Society is a crazy breed,do what you want to do in life because people are going to judge you anyway.
7. Whenever i confront any scathy situation in my life now,i pour out my feelings in my journal rather than that on social media because i know that my journal would never laugh at me behind my back.
Lesson – Sometimes you have to give up on people.Not because you don’t care,but because they don’t.
8. There is a story behind every person on this earth,the reason why they are the way they are,so think before you judge someone.
Lesson – Never ever judge a book by its cover.
9. Some of your closest friends wants you to rise in life,but definitely not more than them.
Lesson – We can’t blame them for this as it is our society that brought the notion of competition . It has always been the survival of the fittest.
10. It might take a year,it might take a day,but what’s meant to be will always find its way.Settled and perfect life is a myth and it’s better to accept it as soon as possible.We can’t live a life without worries but we can surely live a life without regrets.
Lesson – Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.