1. When my son was small, I was talking to him about growing potatoes. I described how you bank up the earth around them as they grow, and he said “I used to do that when I was an old man”. cheeselet
2. My 6 year old daughter in the passenger seat a few days ago looked at me and said “Dad. When I’m seven I’m going to kill you. No wait when I’m eight”. I had to ask so “How are you going to do that?”. She smiled and said “I’m gonna drive over your head with this car”. scarystrangle
3. My 3 year old daughter stood next to her new born brother and looked at him for awhile then turned and looked at me and said, “Daddy its a monster… we should bury it.” Like_I_was_sayin
4. When my cousin was 2 years old or so, her mom got pregnant again. One day she went to hug her mom’s belly and said “little brother sick”. A few days later she had a miscarriage. JuWhi
I was tucking in my two year old. He said “Good bye dad”. I said, “No, we say good night”. He said “I know. But this time its good bye”
Had to check on him a few times to make sure he was still here. UnfortunateBirthMark
I was sound asleep, and at around 6am I was woken up by my 4 year old daughters face inches from mine. She looked right into my eyes and whispered, “I want to peel all your skin off”.
The backstory here is I had been sunburned the previous week, and was starting to peel. In my sleep addled state however, it was pretty terrifying for a few seconds. I didn’t know if I was dreaming, or what was going on. psalm_69
“Go back to sleep, there isn’t anything under your bed”.
“Hes behind you now”.
Still haven’t gotten over that one and shiver at the memory. ToastedCheesee
When I was about 3 we had a cat that had still born kittens. I asked my father if we could make crosses for them, which he did. As he was making them I asked:
“aren’t those too small?”,
Dad: “What do you Mean?”
Me: “aren’t we going to nail them to them?”
Dad: (after several moments silence) “we’re not going to do that”
Me: “oh” Tom_Zarek
9. I was with my sister, her husband, and their two year old daughter. We were talking about loved ones that had recently passed (my father had died sometime recently). My brother in law went and grabbed a picture of his mother, who had died in a car crash when he was six, to show me. When my niece saw the picture though she started laughing. We asked her what was so funny and she looked at us and said “that’s my special friend who sings to me”. I still shiver a bit just thinking about it. KaiserXI
10. My 5 year old asked me when he is going to be 23- I told him in 18 years- he replied- well, I hope don’t die again- cause that’s how old I was the last time I went to heaven. Laura Winters Jelen
Why are you crying?
What bad man?
“There.” Points behind me at a dark corner of the room
Lamp on bookshelf next to said darkened corner falls off as soon as I turn to look.
She slept in our bed that night falicor
12. We were driving down a dark, snowy highway late one evening – final stretch of a 16- hour-long road trip. My son, who was around 4 or 5 at the time, was in the back seat and becoming a bit restless. He suddenly covered his face with a blanket and announced loudly, “I don’t want to get glass on my face!” A few moments later, a pick-up truck towing some snowmobiles pulled out in front of a tractor trailer a few cars in front of us and got hit, spinning out into the median. Fortunately, we avoided the accident completely. It was indeed a bit creepy, though, almost as though he predicted there was going to be an accident right in front of us. lori1119
13. Getting my two and a half year old daughter out of the bath one night, my wife and I were briefing her on how important it was she kept her privates clean. She casually replied “Oh, nobody ‘scroofs’ me there. They tried one night. They kicked the door in and tried but I fought back. I died and now I’m here.” She said this like it was nothing. utcursch
14. Walking past an old cemetery, my (then) 3-year-old son casually said, “My brother is in there.” When I reminded him that he didn’t have a brother, he said, “No, Mama… from before. When the other lady was my mommy.” Belinda Jamison