1. The people that always complain I don’t talk enough never seem to actually listen when I do speak. @skramer00
I hate it when people say they’re going to “get me out of my shell”
Like bitch this isn’t a shell it’s my personality fuck off whereisatinypotato
I like people. But from a distance.
From the diary of an introvert astoryillnevertell
4. being an introvert is really hard because there is no polite way to tell someone that you’re in a bad mood because you’re exhausted from socializing. the-red-hairing
how to make friends in a new place if you’re an introvert
Step one: act like an extrovert.
Step two: suffer the consequences. mexican-ninjas
7. Yeah um I already played out this confrontation like 10 times in my head so if you could stick to the script I imagined for you, that’d be great, thanks. infj-pisces
ME:[ smiles politely at a stranger passing by ]
ME:Well, that was my socialization for the day. disabilityhealth
10. this kid that sits next to me in math class said to me today, “you’re my favorite person at this table because u don’t talk to anyone and u just sit there” and I said “ I don’t know how to respond to that” and he replied with “that’s because u don’t talk” constantly-annoyedperson
“Well, aren’t you being awfully quiet today.”
“I am being pleasantly quiet today.” moroccan-ninja
Me: *loves learning new languages*
Me: *wants to achieve native-like fluency*
Me: *wants to have a perfect pronunciation*
Also me: *hates talking to people and avoids social interactions as much as possible* … do you see my problem intj-noxcorvus
13. When you’re at a party with people you don’t know and your friend disappears @Iifepost
14. Introverts when they hear the phone ring intj-noxcorvus
15. Work suddenly involves a lot more talking to people. There is no job that involves ignoring people forever. introvertcat
Let’s be real, in a time before the internet people didn’t have more adventures and make more meaningful connections. They watched TV and listened to CDs. Before that they listened to records and read magazines. Before that they listened to the radio and read bad dime novels. Before that they embroidered or some shit.
People have been staying inside and ignoring other people for as long as there have been buildings. tardiscrash
17. Well, here’s a coffee shop I will never ever go to. cygnaut
when people cancel plans and u didnt wanna go anyway pic.twitter.com/zMY5soCG8g— |(• ◡•)|/ \(❍ᴥ❍ʋ) (@LoveeeeSarah) November 15, 2015
Wanting to be invited but not wanting to go anywhere.
Being lonely at home but not wanting anyone in your space unless you really like them.
And even if you do really like them, you want them to go home soon. southernbellecityhippie