1. Praying to God that there won’t be an incident while you’re on duty
RA: -kneels at bedside to pray before bed-
RA: dear God…
RA: please don’t let the duty phone ring tonight.
2. When quiet hours apprently don’t apply to everyone.
Enforcing quiet hours and residents are like
3. The kinship that you’ve formed with your RD.
When your boss says it’s okay for you to do something that’s against the rules
4. How it feels trying to get residents excited for your program
Getting Residents to Participate
5. When an innocent weekly visit turns into an incident
Knocking on the door and seeing alcohol
6. Then TFW no one comes to the program you spent weeks on
When no one comes to your ice cream program
7. when it’s basically your job to be nice
When one of your residents is weird af but you have to be nice cuz it’s your job
8. The key to handling any situation
ra life hack
RA 1: -knock knock- Reslife!!!
Resident: -ignores as loud music plays-
RA 2: -knock- Reslife!
Resident: -continues to ignore-
RA 1: …RESLIFE KEYING IN!
Resident: SORRY I’M COMING
9. When you’re trying not to let the stress of the job AND school phase you
When asked if I am handling the stress of the job well
10. Being overwhelmed by a monsoon of craft supplies whenever you open a closet .
Looking for Supplies in the RA Office…
11. Telling a resident that it’s quiet hours
Quiet Hours in a nutshell…
12. You at the beginning of the semester VS You at the end of the semester
RAs at the beginning of the year…
RAs at the end of the year…
13. Trying to get residents to come to your program
WHEN I’M INVITING RESIDENTS TO PROGRAMMING
14. Of course ~THE CLASSIC~:
When a resident says, “I pay to live here” to try and get what they want…
15. Your vow to keep confidentiality
RA CONFIDENTIALITY IN A NUTSHELL
16. Walking into a what looks like a war zone after homecoming weekend
Wake up to a trashed hall after a weekend
17. Teaching first-years
Veteran RAs going on rounds with new RAs
18. The feeling of pure betrayal.
WHEN ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE RESIDENTS GETS BUSTED WITH ALCOHOL