At 27, I wouldn’t call it “late”, however, had I learnt these things earlier in my life, I would have been a better person today:
1. Unless there is something seriously broken, your family is the only entity in your life which is not replaceable. They would always be there for you in your best times and your worst. Reciprocate that. Consider others temporary. It will save you a lot of pain down the line.
2. Your health is of outmost importance, followed by your ambition and then, money. It’s simple, watch what you eat, work out, have a purpose in life, and manage wealth wisely. You will lead a fullfilling life.
3. Nothing can compromise with your dignity and self-respect. I can not stress how important it is you keep your dignity intact. Never loose it for anyone. Have boundaries, learn to say no, and give empathy only where it is deserved.
4. “Soul Mate” and “True love” is a false concept which is overly glorified by movies and music. It does not work in the real world. Period. Two compatible people either decide to walk the road together or they don’t, that’s it. Karma may or may not work. Most of the times it won’t. No one owes you anything and no two people are “meant” to be together. Seriously, the earlier you learn this, the better.
5. There is only one person who deserves to be on a high pedestal in your life- thats you. Value yourself the most. Only then can it be extended to others. Take life seriously, but at the same time find happiness in small things. You live once, make sure you don’t waste your time and energy where it’s not needed.
PS: A few people have miunderstood “self-love” with “narcissism”. There’s a big difference between both. Narcissism is when an individual believes that the whole world revolves around him/herself, requires a constant source of external appreciation to feel validated and has a bottomless pit in his/her heart which all the love and care in the world can not fill. Self love is when an individual develops a sense of fulfillment within oneself by realising that he/she is a perfectly functional individual with own thoughts/ideals/morals/passions and ambitions and is perfectly happy without relying on validation from external supplies.
Image Credit: lady-concept.fr
1. Social Media wastes a Lot of Time.
Ask Yourself, The Memes You Look on Facebook, The Cool Stories of Others Lives you see on Instagram & Stalking Your Crush, The Stupid Car-Music SnapChat Stories.. Is it Worth It ? It’ll just make you feel More Depressed seeing all that.
2. Never Fall in One Sided Love.
I fell for this Girl in Aug 2016 and I was So attached with her that I wasted a Lot of time using Social Media for her post Updates, Waiting for her WhatsApp Replies, You’ll lose your sleep and you’ll go out of your limits to make things happen and You have no idea how much it hurts watching her with someone else so PLEASE DON’T. Never Fall in One Sided Love.
3. Watch Out for Your Health.
Eat Properly Eat Healthy, Hit the Gym.
I’m 6′0″ and 53KG and I feel Awkward going to Places maybe because of that reason so I decided to Change it and Hit the Gym and Eat Properly. Lets see the Results in 1 Year.
• Read, Read Anything you Find Interesting ( I’m not talking about erotic novels here) No matter how or where you read it.
• Learn How to Dress. It matters. If you Dress Properly ( Good Fitting, Good Color, etc ) You’ll feel confident.
• If Spending Money on Yourself will Improve You. DO IT.
I’ve a slightly “Not-Straight” Teeth so I got Braces because I need that good smile.
• Know Your Limits with People. Not everyone you consider your friend will have the same sense of humor so be careful what you speak to them.
• Give Priority to FAMILY and Close Friends who will be there when you need them.
• LEARN TO SAY NO ( It’s hard for me but I try. )
• Never Spend Money on People who don’t deserve it.