1. My dad passed away a week ago, my sister and I got tattoos in our hometown to honor him.
The day my dad died, my step mom asked if he could send her a cardinal. Since then, they’ve showed up in many different places. Cards, clothes, a figurine my mother sent her. I’m sure it’s because we’re looking for them but it has brought us a lot of comfort. So the red bird is for him. The blue birds are for his parents, my gram and poppa. My poppa could mimic so many bird calls. My gram would give my sister and I blue bird figurines for major life events. They helped raise us and I miss them terribly
2. Tattoo to support my wife’s fight with depression
3. My dad died on December 15, 2016. Today, I got a tattoo.
4. No title needed
5. My mum passed away a few months ago, yesterday I got my first tattoo
6. Dad Tattoos His Son’s Cancer Scar On His Own Head To Boost Son’s Self-Confidence
7. His son died of SIDS last year, and got a waveform tattoo of his sons laugh.
8. Dad passed away in 2009, got a note he wrote in my 2nd grade yearbook as a reminder (Brian Manos of Tymeless Tattoo in Baldwinsville, NY)
9. Simple chart my Grandpa drew for me to show where my home is on the surface of the Earth with Longitude and Latitude. Charlie Forbes – Leviticus Tattoo, MPLS.
10. Just got a new tattoo! It’s a poem my dad wrote to me the day I was born, he died this summer. Done by Anthony Audy at Yankee Tattoo in Burlington VT.
11. Shot heroin for 12 years. Today is 4 years clean. I get a tally every 23rd of July.
12. Got my first tattoo today. The big brick is to represent my big brother who died one day shy of his 40th birthday this year, in his favorite color, and the little one (hugging the larger one) represents me, in my favorite color. We always built LEGO together.
13. My mom and dad had cancer at the same time in the same hospital. He wrote her this note when they were too sick to visit each other. This is my first ever tattoo, in his memory
14. Got my dads last handprint tattooed on my back
15. My mother passed away unexpectedly two nights ago. She told me once that if were ever to get another tattoo it would have been a fairy. I also found a document while going through some stuff where she wrote, “I love you very much. -Mom.” I miss her and I know she would have loved it.
16. Something silly for the “extra life” heart surgery gave me.