1. Going out to eat can be a challenge at times
Vegetarian Option Just Iceberg Lettuce On Bread
I don’t care if it’s an Onion article, it happened.
2. But we make do with what we have
“This is as much a treat for me as it is for you” – Danielle, a vegetarian, at a steakhouse (surrounded by sides)
4. The holidays are always a struggle though…
When you’re the only vegetarian at thanksgiving
5. …because of that one relative who always seems to misunderstand the concept of “no meat.”
relatives: so how do you do christmas dinner when you’re vegetarian?
me: just don’t eat the meat
6. Salads aren’t all we eat by any means
When people talk about how much they hate salad they always look at me and say sorry.. Like it offends me.
7. But we’ve really developed a liking for our greens
8. That’s not to say we only eat “rabbit food.”
being a vegetarian is NOT boring I’ve had spaghetti hoops and garlic bread for my dinner TWICE this week !!!
9. And it sure as HECK doesn’t mean we’re healthy by default
People: “Wow you must eat so healthy because you’re a vegetarian!”
Me: “I’ve been living off of peanut butter and hummus for 1487 days”
10. It’s not nearly as hard for us to find something to eat as people think it is.
The list of protein sources that meat eaters think are available to me
11. Being a vegetarian isn’t always a walk in the park
i havent eaten meat in 2 years and i still misspell vegetarian
12. But we’ve pretty much got it figured out by now
when ur a vegetarian n u gotta find an alternate source of protein
13. Meat-eaters have been trying to get us to give up our vegetarianism since the dawn of time
This is our life summed up in one picture
14. And then they go absolutely berserk when we take a lil’ break
When you’re vegetarian and eat meat and someone calls you out for it
15. At the end of the day, we’re not all that different to our carnivore friends — our priorities are just a tiny bit different
ME: I’m not vegetarian because I love animals, I’m a vegetarian because I hate plants
HIM: Haha good one
ME: A birch tree killed my mother, James