1. Bus drivers in Japan were on strike but continued driving their routes while refusing to take fares from passengers
2. Drink cans have names written in braille on the top
3. Japanese fans stayed behind after the FIFA World Cup 2014 match to help clean up
Joe Giddens – EMPICS / Getty Images
4. You can often find this kind of toilet in Japan. Wash your hands and reuse the water for your next flush
5. Japan’s manhole covers are beautiful
6. Most Japanese schools don’t have custodians. Instead, the students do the cleaning themselves as a part of showing gratitude to the school and learning how to become more productive members of society
7. There are baby seats attached to the wall in most bathrooms
8. I Recently Gave Birth In Japan. Here Is Some Of The Hospital Food I Ate
9. The note in Japanese says, “I accidentally knocked over your bike and broke the bell. I am very sorry.”
10. This is how smooth the bullet train is in Japan
11. I dropped my shopping bag on the streets of Osaka and when I went back to look for it later that day, someone had placed it next to a tree untouched.
12. Japanese toilets often have a button that plays white noise/water sounds so you can poop without other people hearing your business.
13. Koi fishes even live in drainage channels in Japan
14. Commuters in Tokyo pushed a train car to save a woman who fell and got stuck between the car and the platform
15. Another reason why I love Japan
16. Another great Japanese invention: umbrella lockers. So you don’t have to carry them around inside a building and nobody takes yours ‘accidentally’
17. This toilet in Japan has a system of occupied/vacant toilets information
18. American Cherry Pie Frapuccino in Japan
19. This Japanese gum I have came with little pieces of paper inside for you to spit your gum in to when you’re finished with it.
20. Japanese being Japanese